Phoebe, your familiar 😺, is twelve years old now.
Through her observations, she’s developed some Bengal kitty wisdom to help you tackle your social anxiety. She figures, she knows a thing or two, after the anxiety a few of her ex-humans instilled in her.
She’s known you since she was the size of your hand.
Even though you’re not a cat, you should still be able to distill wisdom from her. You’ve shared environments, you’re both conscious, hyper emotional beings; she knows what’s what.
Listing 🙀 Phoebe’s Advice for Anxiety
- You need to go outside. Every day. Like in the garden, out to Petco, that sort of physically draining business. How else are you going to come up with a reason to burrow under a blanket for a 4PM nap?
- If you can’t go somewhere right now, that’s all good. Don’t go. The sky won’t fall or anything. Your friends know you’re like this. But make sure you send them a text message, and also, plan on exercising on your elliptical, while watching positivity-building YouTubes, for at least 15 minutes; after that, you’ll get a healthy dose of sun, or at least a healthy dose of feeling good around other living beings, by gardening for 30 minutes; then cherry-on-top that self-care with a warm, bath-bombed tub, because your brain needs it right now; because chances are, when you are acting full-blown agoraphobic, that’s an anxiety-depression-hybrid problem, and you’ll need to treat a hybrid problem with a hybrid remedy, carefully and lovingly, before you clean up the pile of vomit I left on the guest room rug.
- Lick between your fingers. I do it all the meowing time.
- Laughter calms you, re-energizes you, lightens you. Don’t ever close yourself off to laughter. But if you could, uhh, laugh a little quieter,…yeah, for my thirteenth birthday, I’d like quieter laughter.
- When you’re anxious, I’m anxious, and when I’m anxious, you’re anxious, so do us both a favor.
Good luck finding all the Koopa Troopas, Sephiroths, and Dark Forces you need to recruit to keep the anxiety-monster in check!