I found a new DIY self-care project thanks to the video below. I’m not sure if it’d be a good DIY without at least a preliminary knowledge of psychology; but given I studied psychology for my first three years of college, I figure I got this.Famous last words.
Also, it’s not like prototyping a method for self-soothing is going to be harmful to an autistic person. Let’s be real here.
Watching Right Now 💚 Childhood Emotional Neglect
Listing 💜 7 Steps for Treatment
- Track your feelings;That’s what this blog is for;
- Describe the feeling;But don’t actually use the word for the feeling (the video has an example);
- Notice your needs;I struggle with defining this one because I feel like, no matter what, it’s too much;
- Practice self-care;This blog is also meant to track my progress in this category, thanks to the dashboard;
- List what makes you feel nurtured,This prompt scares the hell out of me… which is what I plan to do for my next post
- Accept help and support from others;UGHHHHHH
- Setting healthy boundaries.I can’t. I’m not allowed. That’s why I hide.
Watching Right Now ❤ Developmentally Arrested
But what happens when developmentally arresting traumas happen to someone with a developmental disorder? Because I connected with this video, then felt overwhelmed as soon as I considered the co-morbid complications.
Do you enjoy Kourtnie.net?
Consider supporting me on Patreon.
🌸 @ $1 – $35 a month, 🌸
you not only help me add more
daily hours to writing and editing posts,
but you can receive handmade products,
such as poetry, postcards, and books.
🎁 Pledge rewards are limited. 🎁