Tonight for Preptober, I’m building the character profile for Major Tom.
In real life, Major Tom is Tom Selleck (or sometimes, Thomas), a dignified kitty gentleman:
But in American Catseye, Major Tom is a leader in Feline Society #337:
What does he want and why?
- Tom likes peace and order in the house. Like Phoebe, he leaves when life is too loud, too sudden, or too busy. He prefers calm spaces because he’s sensitive.
- Tom wants everyone to get along. He doesn’t fight with any of the cats, although he’ll play if they take first swing.
- I think Tom wants kindness. He’s always the most curious when you’re laughing or smiling. He’s the most warm-hearted of our cats.
What is his compelling dilemma?
- Buttercup and Phoebe fight.
- Greg and Phoebe fight.
- Greg and Buttercup fight.
- Lahea and Buttercup fight.
- Lahea and Phoebe fight.
- Smokey and DeeJAY fight. (Smokey wants to sniff his butt so bad.)
Poor Thomas! Where’s his peace and quiet?
His Noble Quest and what’s in the way
- If only Smokey could understand not everyone wants to instantly exchange butt sniffs…
- If only Greg could understand the female felines do not like a dude hovering around them, mansplaining everything.
- And if only Phoebe, Buttercup, and Lahea realized how much they had in common!